It is currently 24. Aug 2019, 23:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Re: count down thread
PostPosted: 13. Apr 2016, 09:42 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Fairly fine, I'd say. My studies are progressing. In 1-2 semesters, I got my bachelor's degree and then try to aim for master's (takes another 4 semesters). I'm pretty motivated. Wouldn't have thought that after the previous semester, which had me pretty demotivated. I worked the whole semester holidays back then and got pretty exhausted at the last day. Just to find out the semester would start, again, accompanied by the usual duties. And as of yet, i haven't passed all courses in the previous semester, yet. One oral exam remains which will be held in upcoming 1-2 weeks (appointment needs confirmation by the professor). Shouldn't be that of a problem, as long as it's held in the first weeks. Otherwise, it could cause collisions with this semester's exercise sheets and their processing.

How have you been doing?

"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my feet be swift, and my aim be true. And should the worst come to pass....grant me forgiveness."
(Thane, Mass Effect 2)

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14. Apr 2016, 08:33 
V.I.P
V.I.P

I havent been doing so bad. Left University to go to college, in my second year now (1 more year left). finish exams for this semester on tuesday and then I work part time for the summer. Been trying to help out a private server recently for a game I played but owner of the server made some pretty bad decisions and server is dying now. Played some warcraft 3 with monkey and we were like oh shit there was this forums here and we saw that you still come and posted here and here we are.

Do you keep in contact with any other people that used to be here all the time?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14. Apr 2016, 16:27 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Sad to hear. The server-stuff. The College stuff is nice to hear.
Tell the server-admin to backup all the data, so your work isn't in vein. At least, if it's possible to do so (it most likely is). I should do so with this forums, too. But the provider asks for a small fee (*cough* 20€ *cough*) to get lifetime backups, which can then be downloaded (and put on some private webspace). Since this feature will most likely be used only once, I'm waiting. And it works. Only one active person is required for the board to stay alive and you may guess who's got a special tab open all the time, just in case.
And yeah. I still leave posts here. I'm continuously waiting for people to answer, though. Otherwise, I would do it myself. However, Double-posting is forbidden. Even for admins :P

Sometimes, I'm in contact with Jimi003. Only talking about outer-forums-contact. In the forums, people still drop by and leave one or two messages (like you, Chrysi or miraksy).

You should definitively take a look around and reread some threads. It's definitively worth it. Kind of feels like a museum :P
My English was horrible back then. And apparently, I had no idea how my words could be read, sometimes. Especially a comment directed at halrasian about his (lack of) endeavor towards teaching new people the game. I simply wanted to get some facts straight ^^
There is still much to read through.

"Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my feet be swift, and my aim be true. And should the worst come to pass....grant me forgiveness."
(Thane, Mass Effect 2)

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15. Apr 2016, 14:47 
Corporal
Corporal

i apologize for somehow stopping my lessons from you with the coding stuff. from what you wrote you still seem to be fine gaeg, good to hear

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15. Apr 2016, 20:21 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

You don't have to apologize for anything in this matter. I didn't take it as offense or anything like that. You ask, I answer. It's as simple as that.

(Thane, Mass Effect 2)

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15. Apr 2016, 23:03 
V.I.P
V.I.P

haha, I remember back when we used to talk a few years back, it would be like you are reading a speech :P

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 16. Apr 2016, 10:46 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

*eagerly writes something down on a piece of paper*

I have to say: I have a dream.....wait, wrong paper.
Dear fellow Americans....it happened again.
Ich bin ein Berliner...ok, that was it.

I must admit, I had to clean up my PMs after some time and accidentally deleted a couple of yours. I found my answers to some of your messages, though. It really sounded either a bit overly dramatic or overly robotic and generic, sometimes. Back then, my focus was to write correct and coherent English sentences, because I was afraid people couldn't understand me properly. Meanwhile, this has changed. I still make mistakes and from time to time only use a very limited vocabulary. As you may have seen, the word "sometimes" is not used parsimoniously (I didn't know this word existed, had I not heared it by a professor in one of his lectures...and I still remember it) by me. The overall "look and feel" of my sentences should be slightly better and fluent, now, than they were before. Studying helps :P This is not intended to be bragging in any way, however. As long as people can understand me (and I don't make too much mistakes), I'm fine with that. Still, feel free to correct me at any time. It will only help.

(Thane, Mass Effect 2)

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 16. Apr 2016, 16:22 
V.I.P
V.I.P

Ja.

I think I like this talking gae than the robo gae of before :D

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 16. Apr 2016, 16:50 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was young and needed that knowledge :P

(Thane, Mass Effect 2)

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 19. Apr 2016, 05:21 
V.I.P
V.I.P

Are you done exams? Are you excited for some weekend survival?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next